Sunday 11 March 2012

Bang Goes The Gun

After posting 'Shapely Mama', I wanted to show that I have attempted serious poetry (only once :P) ...

You'll be known for your mistakes,
A triumphant fall from grace,
That look etched upon the face,
Pull the trigger heaven waits.

Screams besieged the son of man,
Life would not give a damn,
Lucifer was the idle fan,
His world was only Vietnam.

Did the events lead him blind?
The bugger in the cell was that his kind?
"Jesus, its Jesus you shall find,"
Had he become a criminal of time?

Uncle Sam gave him the go,
Said they'd put on one hell of a show,
Now the show was sniffing snow,
Or getting a fragile ho to give him a blow.

Did Charlie know that of his brother's name?
Movies depict that yellow skinned fame,
While Lyndon's cloaked with guilt ridden shame,
My brothers' wife wishes he had Alis glorified name.

She watches his fights seeing her Jim,
Why should she pay for another man's sin?
Shaking wildly while gripping the gin,
"Win Ali, win it for Jim!"

We'll be together in the sleep,
Let's help Ma count the sheep,
Forever falling from the bed in a heap,
Forever stained with blood that weeps.

Minds were shot to outer space,
Haunting memories of the enemies face,
Were they really a subordinate race?
Or were we trespassing in another man's place?

Tonight the curtain falls on thee,
One last time cast your plea,
One last time pay the fee,
Nam's still waging war on (s)he.

Gaze upon that shining gun,
And bless the heart of the unborn son,
Watch his eyes of innocent fun,
No war to wage peace be won.

Bang goes the gun.

*This is the only poem I've written that's gotten any applaud. (I did try and submit it but was told it was too "controversial" ... fair enough :P) I'm not really a poet - as seen in my constant rhyming! I wrote it (well, the first draft) when I was 17. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Put it on www.mypoetryforum.com if you really want people to give a rating and critics. Usually they are pretty positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That right? I don't really want my poetry assessed much - don't really want to work on poetry. More of a prose man myself :P ... I enjoy just reading poetry. Show me your stuff!

    ReplyDelete